Flood Risk and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS)
Dr Robin Saunders - Our lead consultant
Innervision Design offers a variety of hydrology reports to our clients in order to satisfy the Local Planning Authorities, the Environment Agency, or to meet the Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM requirements.
Our lead consultant, Dr Robin Saunders, is a member of the British Hydrological Society. He developed Flood Risk Probability software for use within the industry and academia. He holds a Doctorate and a First class BEng with Honours degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Southampton.
We have undertaken flood risk assessment and SuDS design for many projects, which range from single dwellings to large residential and commercial developments with more than 300 units. We have successfully helped our clients to obtain planning permissions by addressing issues from the Environment Agency and Local Planning Authorities in a robust and methodological manner.
We are very responsive and fast in providing quotes and answering enquires. Please get in touch for a no-obligation fee quotation, or for a discussion about your project.
Flood Risk Assessment
- Flood Risk Assessment Reports to aid Planning Applications: In accordance with NPPF (National Planning Policy Framework). A Flood Risk Assessment (FRA) forms an integral part of a Planning Application for all major developments in any Flood Zone, and any minor developments in areas at risk of flooding (Zones 2 & 3)
- Flood Risk Assessment Reports to meet BREEAM requirements. FRA is a mandatory requirement for any new commercial development which aims for BREEAM ratings.
- Flood Risk Assessment Reports to meet the Code for Sustainable Homes SUR 1 and SUR 2 requirements. FRA is a mandatory requirement for any new residential development which aims for Code for Sustainable Homes ratings (SUR 1 and SUR 2 issues)
Surface Water Drainage Strategy and SuDS
- Surface Water Run-off Calculations and reports. Assessment of Greenfield and Brownfield run-off rates and volumes pre and post development in accordance with best practice
- Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) Design. SuDS design in accordance with The SuDS Manual and BRE DG365. Our past projects have incorporated a wide range of SuDS techniques. Our SuDS design can vary in details and cater for different planning stages including schematic SuDS design and design calculations
- Soakaway Design. Some small developments only require installation of soakways. We can design these for a very competitive price. We may require percolation test results subject to these being in accordance with BRE365 methodology. If you wish to carry out percolation test on your own, we can provide detailed guidance on how this should be undertaken.
Which development needs a SuDS strategy?
- the number of dwellings to be provided is 10 or more
- the development of dwellings is to be carried out on a site having an area of 0.5 hectares or more
- the provision of a building or buildings where the floor space to be created by the development is 1,000 square metres or more, or development carried out on a site having an area of 1 hectare or more
- minor development of less than 10 dwellings located in areas at risk of flooding or in areas with critical drainage problems
- however we have recently seen an increasing number of small developments requiring SuDS reports even though they are not located in areas with flooding or drainage issues. This is particularly the case for small sites with an increase in impermeable areas. Some local planning authorities are even demanding SuDS reports for extensions because of the so-called “Urban Creep” effect.
A professional hydrology report does not need to be expensive.
Our price starts from £350 for a simple hydrology report. The projects which require quantitative modelling or located in Flood Zone 2 or 3 will cost more depending on complexity of the projects.
In order for us to provide you with an accurate quote, please email us the site location of your project with full postal code, site plans and any drainage information if they are available.
We also endeavour to be competitive, hence we offer a price match policy.
Our initial phone consultations are always free, please call 01279 862447 for a friendly discussion.