SBEM Calculations and Commercial EPCs
We pride ourselves in providing a quality service at an affordable rate. We have a quick turnaround time in order to meet your demanding schedule. We use one of the leading SBEM software DesignBuilder in order to speed up the calculation process and reduce cost for our clients. Please get in touch for a friendly discussion about your project.
1. SBEM calculations and EPCs for new constructions
All newly constructed non-domestic buildings will require SBEM (Simplified Building Energy Model) calculations and Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) in order to comply with Part L of the Building Regulations (Approved Document L2A).
Our accredited SBEM assessors can offer you all the relevant SBEM documentation required to achieve this compliance. In case of your project failing to meet the design-stage CO2 emission target, we will offer recommendations to ensure a Part L2A pass. Our SBEM service for new constructions includes:
- "As Designed" SBEM calculations and compliance reports for Building Regulations submissions
- Advice and recommendations for achieving a Part L2A pass
- "As Built" SBEM calculations and compliance reports
- Issuance of EPCs
- Areas we cover: nationwide (any new constructions).
You will only need to provide us with a full set of constructions plans and specification (floor, elevation, section, site plans), we will look after all other tasks involved in the SBEM calculations.
2. SBEM calculations for extension and conversion projects
Where the proposed extension is more than 100m2 and greater than 25% of the total useful floor area of the existing building, SBEM calculations will be required to comply with Part L. These large extensions need to be designed and built to the more stringent new-build requirements. In addition, some extensions with excessive glazing, conversions and renovations projects will also need SBEM calculations. We offer services including:
- SBEM calculations and compliance reports for Building Regulations submissions
- Advice and recommendations for achieving a Part L2B pass
3. EPCs for existing commercial buildings
We also issue EPCs for existing commercial buildings. All commercial property for sale or let require a commercial EPC, which should be in place prior to marketing. We offer a reliable EPC service with quick turn-around time:
- A Site Survey. Our assessors will need to carry out a site survey in order to generate an EPC for your building. We can accommodate, if required, weekend surveys.
- SBEM calculations to generate EPCs
- Issuance of EPCs
- Lodgement of EPCs to the National Register
- Areas we cover: Hertfordshire or other areas within 15 mile radius of our office.
Please get in touch with us for a fee quotation and agree on a suitable date for a site survey.
4. SBEM calculations to meet BREEAM Energy credits (Ene 01)
We offer SBEM calculations to meet BREEAM Energy credits. We also provide BREEAM assessment services to the commercial sector.